We are seeking a Web Applications QA Tester to serve as a customer representative in analyzing, performing, and interpreting tests for web sites, CMS, web application products, systems, components, or modifications. This position is located in our Pittsburgh Office. You will be responsible for identifying functional problems and suggesting resolutions. The ideal candidate will have recent experience in testing through a full development agile life-cycle including designing, developing, and implementing test plans and procedures.
- Verify and validate software products in accordance with customer requirements and user needs.
- Track testing metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts for caught versus released defects.
- Develop and execute test scripts/cases based on business and/or functional requirements.
- Identify defects/bug issues.
- Perform final testing of releases and may perform other technical and documentation tasks.
- Interact daily with supervisors and/or functional peer groups. Interaction normally involves exchanges or presentation of factual information.
- Utilize experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Bachelors Degree and 2+ years of related experience
- Knowledge of SDLC (agile, waterfall, etc)
- Background and understanding in web-based applications with the ability to troubleshoot and find root causes of errors
- Automated testing experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented and highly motivated self-starter that is able to work closely in a collaborative role with other team members
- Experience with version control systems like Git and/or TFS, Database Development, Adobe Photoshop, Technical Writing.
Please submit a resume and work samples + cover letter to email@example.com. Must be able to work and commute to office in Downtown Pittsburgh. No remote office. Some travel will be required.