You are the voice for the product and/or solution that is created by Chemistry to the client. This encompasses; discovery, requirements gathering, scoping, managing technical client and/or vendor communications, functional development oversight, QA, backlog, support documentation, helping to guide technical or support calls into closure and positive outcomes for the client and Chemistry. In addition, working with all teams to produce and manage the application road mapping, release schedule, and iterative testing schedule.
The Director of Solutions will work within a team of developers, strategists, UX/UI, and designers to create complex scalable web and software products. During this process you will have direct contact with the client(s) to focus on defining and analyzing the consistency of the solution, requirements gathering, implementation, and managing technology risk. The Director of Solutions owns the product for which they are creating, whether a part of a larger solution or standalone and helps to manage scope and timelines with the account executive team. As the owner of the solution the following are tasks that may or may not apply to your day to day responsibilities:
What you’ll do:
- Provide oversight and quality overview for your solutions and related programs.
- Work with the Chemistry team and business partners to identify and prioritize the strategic investments that will advance our customers, market and business goals.
- Maintain a 6-24-month solutions road-map for each of the solutions that you serve.
- Help to educate, manage, coach and develop performance of the solution team, creating a great culture where individuals flourish and contribute to their full potential.
- Be the day to day owner of the product solution internally and externally and work with the account executive team to be in alignment for all communications regarding deliverables, timing and final solution.
- Protect the client and Chemistry from 3rd party vendor issues or risks that could jeopardize the final outcome of the product by documenting, informing and/or mitigating risk through collective conversation.
- Manage performance. Deliver results.
- Work with the QA team to assure the delivery of all solutions are complete and meet or exceed the SOW requirements.
- Work with internal teams and the client to recognize opportunities to always elevate the solution through testing, best in class reviews, new technologies, and emerging business goals or objectives.
- Manage change management with team and recognize scope creep.
- Help to manage and collect information for solution from client, 3rd party vendor, and other sources external and internal.
- Lead conversations with the client in reference to the project.
- Be a change agent for our organization, helping to keep our talents and goals moving forward in an ever-changing market climate.
- Status updates with the client and/or team throughout development.
- Participate in new business process.
- A problem solver obsessed with finding the best solutions for today’s business challenges while minimizing complexity.
- A technologist, up to date on the latest trends and fascinated with the power of technology when applied in the right ways.
- Someone with the coveted ability to correlate things more broadly, yet still focus and deliver incrementally.
- A team player, who prefers to work and grow teams as opposed to pursuing individual glory.
- A good communicator, able to articulate complex technical or business issues in plain language.
- A lifetime learner, constantly challenging yourself and your team to learn new things.
- An owner. You take pride in your team’s performance and are accountable for the results.