Senior UX Designer & Researcher
The Senior UX Designer & Researcher works with the creative and development teams along with the client to create a friendly and intuitive user experience architecture. This person will conduct user-testing and research, as well as analyzing results, to provide recommendations to the client and team.
The designer works within the client group to perform several exercises to identify features, requirements, tasks, challenges, constituent groups, business goals and objectives of the specific project. The findings from those exercises are utilized to formulate a methodology to achieve the business goals and the goals of the constituent groups.
Major job duties include:
- Interact with project team to inform and maintain best business practices in regard to UX throughout the project.
- Document the findings/results of all client meetings regarding UX.
- Perform various surveys, interviews or information collection.
- Conduct user-testing and other usability tests required to inform UX decisions and recommendations.
- Conduct multiple presentations and meetings to relay UX findings and documentation to client and internal teams.
- Create and/or modify information architecture documents and diagrams to represent best case scenarios for user interactions. These documents include but are not limited to; user flows, site maps, wireframes, and static prototypes.
- Identify and test for various compliance issues; WCAG and Section 508.
- Partner with the creative team to assure best business practices are implemented within the design and/or content (where applicable).
- Participate in the creative review process to assure that all client objectives are achieved by the proposed design.
- Gather information and present to audiences using chalkboards, white boards, and/or other visual aids.
- Providing guidance and expertise to brainstorming sessions and/or client meetings.
- Self-motivated to continually learn emerging trends regarding UX.
- Some travel required
- Expected to maintain and learn new trends and best business practices
- Additional agency tasks as assigned or required
- 4+ years agency experience in a similar role